Fusion kitchen: Salmon-asparagus soufflé, couscous salad and Korean seasoned spinach dish (시금치나물)

on Sunday, May 6, 2012
Hi Dosirak-Lovers,

every now and then I get experimental. Here is my latest experiment:


I'll give you all three recipes. First, the Salmon-asparagus soufflé:

Mix four eggs with a gulp of soy milk, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and cut spring onions.
Peel (only if necessary) and cook the asparagus for 5 minutes.
Cut wild smoked salmon and put it in a gratin dish. Arrange the cooked and drained asparagus on top.
Pour the egg-mix over the asparagus.
Put it in the oven (turn the air circulation on) and let it bake for 20 to 30 minutes (until the edges turn golden brown) on 180 degrees Celsius. Voila!

Now while the soufflé was in the oven, I boiled 750ml of veggie stock and put 250g couscous and cooking herbs (dried carrots, parsley, ...) in it.

I let it boil for 3 minutes and then let it simmer for 8 more minutes. I also added some cut spring onions in the end.

Meanwhile, I cooked a pot full of fresh spinach in salt water.
I only let it cook for 2 minutes maximum and then drained it.
Then I mixed soy sauce and sesame oil with cut spring onions and put the spinach on top.
On the plate, I decorated the dish with a cut tomato and arugola salad.
That was really yummy! :) And the good news is, I made so much that I can pack some more for a Dosirak lunch.
Hope you enjoyed this post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment